Both for rock climbing lovers and people who is starting in this sport, San Carlos de Bariloche offers a wide variety of places to enjoy.
From the city center where La Montaña Spanish School is located, it is possible to reach different climbing sectors just taking the local bus, with a short ride.
Climbing sectors to practice sport climbing, with full equiped routes from which you will enjoy amazing breathtaking views of the lakes we are surrounded by.
Climbing sectors close to Bariloche:
- Piedras Blancas: Located in Cerro Otto, five minutes from the city center. Easy climbing routes for begginers!
- Ventana: It is located about 10 km south-west road to Bolson. It is a very nice place with very good view of Lago Gutierrez, Cerro Catedral and Cerro Otto. Quick Access to the walls.
- Frey: If you are looking for multi-pitch climbing, you should go to Cerro Catedral , where the Refugio Frey is located. Granite spires in an uncomparable setting.
- Villa Llanquín: 40 kilometres from Bariloche (ruta 237). A place to go with friends/family and spend the day!
- Valle Encantado: Climate conditions are usually better than in Bariloche, what allows outdoor climbing when it rains in the city. There are two sectors, and to reach one of them you will need to cross the river.
For more information http://barilochevertical.com.ar/guia-online-de-escalada-deportiva/