Testimonials

martes, 18 de diciembre de 2018

A family Asado



By Ewan Moffat


Famed for its diet of meat, meat and more meat, my dabbling in vegetarianism has been put on hold since my arriving in Argentina. Hamburgers, hotdogs and of course steaks being the call of the day, near enough every day since my arrival a fortnight ago. This weekend I was invited to my first Asado for a celebration of a friend’s mother 71st birthday.
After a productive week in the classroom is great to get out and practice out in the real world - and with some tasty morsels too of course. Arriving at the house, met with the obligatory kiss on the cheek, I was shown out to the back garden where the food was cooking up. On the grill were a giant stack of Chicken and Chorizo though these were second fiddle to the entire goat slow roasting in front of an open fire. It was great to get to witness and enjoy such an essential part of Argentinian culture with my friend’s father, and self-proclaimed Gaucho, manning the grill.

No hay comentarios: